Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holiday Day Thirteen- Townsville

After leaving Innisfail we headed South again toward Townsville. On the way Mark said that he would really love a coffee and literally one minute later we saw this coffee van on the side of the road.


In what can only be called a blonde moment, I read the following sign as meaning 'if you don't feed the dog, you don't get fed either.' (I thought it was a joke...) I even tried to find the dog to pat it! Then I heard Mark talking to the vendor about needing to have the dog as he has been threatened with robbery in the past. I am an I.D.I.O.T.



After my lucky escape we headed to Townsville where we were greeted by the noise of miltary planes. Townsville is home to two major military bases and there must have been an exercise on as we saw many planes roaring off and coming back. Mark's dramatic theory was that they were preparing for war with North Korea!? I think the reality would have been a lot more boring than that.


I really liked the architecture in Townsville and although I only got to snap these pics from the campervan I do hope you like them.




I don't think I could ever relax in this house

.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails