Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 2011

It will be one to remember for all the wrong reasons.

Our area didn't flood and for that we are all so very grateful. The flood has touched many people we know, though the worst impact for us so far has been the lack of food on the supermarket shelves. I tried to buy salad yesterday and came away with one lettuce and an avocado.

I've taken some pictures of our local, non-flooded area. The flooding here was minor, so you can imagine the other areas of Brisbane that have had a major flood.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are ok....I cry at almost all of the images...even the ones where people are helping others in their homes so readily. I can't imagine no power for that long and 1 lady was talking about how she couldn't get any formula for her baby.....its dire even for those not impacted directly.....
I hope you all get back to some sort of normality very soon.
xK

Jenny said...

So glad you didn't get flooded. It certainly will never be forgotten. ;-)

queenbeegymboree said...

It's unbelievable isn't it? I would never think that I would be looking at that kind of flooding in Australia! So glad your family is safe and sound, and so very sorry for anyone who is suffering as a result of this! Hugs girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails