Friday, May 14, 2010

What colour should I paint my Queenslander house?

The exterior of our Queenslander is a mix of maroon, blue and cream, though ideally I'd love to paint it grey and white. Working out just what colours suit a Queenslander home can be a challenge so I thought I'd share a great resource I came across.

When we were painting the interior of our house we were lucky enough to grab a Dulux colour brochure that is specifically designed for traditional homes. I recently went looking for ours only to find it missing. The paint shop no longer seems to stock it however my local guy had one hiding out the back and I have it here in all its glory. The brochure is great as it breaks down the paint trends into period, eg. Victorian, Federation etc.

I've also discovered that there is a link to a similar, updated brochure on the Dulux website. Click here to have a look. It differs however from my pamphlet, which seems to have more colours and bigger pictures to pour over. If anyone out there wants a copy please let me know and I'll scan it for you. Here's a look at one of the pages (crudely photographed by yours truly.)

5 comments:

brismod said...

I like a simple two colour approach. I love the grey and white that is fashionable now. We are toying with a completely white house with perhaps a dark coloured contrasting trim. Hopefully this will take your mind off the sadness you must be feeling today.

Jacinta said...

I have just painted my Queenslander all white. love it!

Kristine said...

Well I got a painter to come and give me a quote, almost two weeks ago and haven't heard back from him yet :-( I went with the sand, red and green... traditional shades....

Anonymous said...

HI, thanks for sharing nice information.


queenslander homes

Anonymous said...

Hi. Have you decided on the paint? I’m really interested in renovation/home decor because I work for a social media site that’s all about houses/homes and we are about to release an online renovation tool. This may be useful. Just go to http://www.housenet.com.au/

Related Posts with Thumbnails