Sunday, May 30, 2010

$28

I couldn't sleep last night so I lay awake for a while thinking about how I would like to decorate my new entry cabinet. I decided I would try to use glass, perhaps buy a nice old oil lamp and add an ornate birdcage. Yep, that was the plan.

We trotted off to the markets this morning to buy fruit and veg for the week. Someone was looking out for me because simply everything I imagined was there waiting for me.

Large vase on the far left - $20. It had a $60 price tag on the bottom so I think I did well.
Lamp with light bulb inside- $8.
Small birdcage- in a box marked 'free'
Bowl with apples- found in our gazebo, I think I left it there years ago.
Bird prints- previous op shop buy, more detail here

Things to ignore:
- Lack of VJ's behind the cabinet. They are coming, one day.
- Lack of paint on said VJ's.
- Bad photography

I'm thinking of painting the cabinet white, what do you think?

3 comments:

brismod said...

I like all your finds Lou. And I kind of like the sideboard as it is although the picture isn't that clear. I would only paint it if it was in poor condition, junky pine or if you really, really hated it. It has an old world charm about it which looks great in the right home.

Julie-Ann said...

Yes I would paint it white- it will look lovely. You lucky thing finding all those bargains at the one market:) I can't wait to see it finished:)

Kristine said...

I would paint it white, I know in our Queenslander which suffers a bad lack of natural light it would look really dark and bulky. (note to self, finishing saving for my skylights!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails